Saturday, July 12, 2008

My Very First Post




Welcome, one and all!


I turned 40 in 2007. In anticipation of this milestone, I made a New Year's resolution that I was going to stop talking about all of the things that I want to do in my life, and I was going to start actually doing them. My list of things to do included to travel, to start the process of getting into grad school...and to write.

I'm a medical social worker by trade, but there is a wannabe writer inside of me. Periodically, she rumbles around, and I make a half-ass attempt to start a journal or a blog. However, for various reasons, the journal/blog is cast to the side, and my inner writer becomes quiet again. But she always comes back. She's been quite vocal lately...and she has been LOUD. I have also been receiving encouragement from friends and family. I share stories and experiences in e-mails, and I'm told that I should submit my writings to various publications or that I would make a good travel journalist. As much as I appreciate the kind words, I don't think it's so much that I'm a great writer----but I do know enjoy telling stories, and this is apparent in my writing.

So I present to you, the reader, my very first FULL-ass attempt at starting a blog. This inner writer of mine is screaming to get out. I believe this blog will be a perfect outlet for her. There is no theme here; the reader will have the dubious privilege of having access to whatever moods or thoughts happen to be rattling around in my brain on any given day. I will be splaying them out here in my usual stream-of-consciousness style.

Since January 1, 2007, I have had some most excellent adventures as a result of my commitment to keeping the aforementioned resolution. I have also had some experiences that have been spiritual, sad, uplifting, etc. I will probably write about these whenever I'm feeling a little retrospective.

I'm finally writing!

No comments: