Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, You've Been Rickroll'd!

I'm sorry I haven't written in awhile. I've recently been struck by a bout of writer's block/apathy, but I feel like the cobwebs are clearing. My brain is starting to clickety-clack again, and I'm full of thoughts. My mind is whirring.

To start things off, I'd like to share this video that I find to be really funny and clever. For those of you who missed it, this year's Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade got Rickroll'd. If you're not familiar with that term, I'll explain. It's an long-running Internet joke...kind of a bait and switch if you will. A person will provide for the unassuming victim a weblink in an e-mail that he or she will claim to be relevant to the topic at hand. The victim then clicks on the weblink only to find that it leads to the music video of Rick Astley singing "Never Gonna Give You Up", along with the announcement "You've been Rickroll'd!" I've been a victim on several occasions, and I'm always smacking my palm against my forehead in disbelief that I have once again fallen for it.

So here it is...the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade getting Rickroll'd.




1 comment:

Brooke said...

Rick!! How could you lipsynch like that? Sheesh!